Regrettably, Matt Forsythe has had to cancel his appearance at TCAF 2017. You’ll still be able to buy copies of The Gold Leaf from Page & Panel.
The sixth annual Comics x Games (formerly known as Comics vs Games) is coming your way for TCAF 2017 – And they have quit a line-up planned!
As Publishers and other exhibitors at the Festival firm up their plans for TCAF 2017, we’re happy to announce that a number of additional creators have been announced to be attending TCAF 2017! Here’s a quick overview of some of the recent additions to TCAF 2017:
Colleen Coover will be attending TCAF as a guest of Oni Press / Limerence Press, who will be debuting the brand new Small Favours: The Definitive Girly Porno Comic, a wonderful erotic comic series in a new, complete edition. Colleen will be exhibiting at the Oni Press table.
Ray Fawkes will be exhibiting at TCAF in support of his new series Underwinter, from Image Comics. Ray will be at the Masonic Temple, for the Image 25th Celebration.
Zach Hazard Vaupen will attend TCAF in support of his new work from Retrofit.
Luke Healy will be attending TCAF (all the way from Ireland) in support of the new printing of his book How To Survive in the North, by Nobrow.
Laura Ķeniņš will attend TCAF in support of her new book Steam Clean, from Retrofit.
Dave McKean, as announced, will be attending TCAF for the Canadian Premiere of Black Dog: The Dreams of Paul Nash, a multimedia performance based on his most recent graphic novel. Dave appears with the support of LICAF, the Lakes International Comic Art Festival, and Dark Horse Comics.
There will be more announcements to come, too! Thanks for reading, and we’ll keep updating you as more publishers confirm their plans!
The Toronto Comic Arts Festival and Wowee Zonk proudly present the Wowee Zonk Small Press Showcase for 2017. Curated by Toronto Artists Chris Kuzma, Ginette Lapalme and Patrick Kyle, the Wowee Zonk Small Press Showcase highlights some of the best and most exciting work being made in comics, zines, and independent publishing.
See below for the entire list of artists! You’ll be able to find all these fantastic folks in the Browsery at the Toronto Reference Library.
The Toronto Comic Arts Festival is pleased to announce another round of Featured Guests who will be joining us at TCAF 2017. Welcome Gabrielle Bell, David Collier, Dave Cooper, and Nate Powell!!!
The Toronto Comic Arts Festival is looking for a team of volunteers who would like to help welcome and orient cartoonists who are guests and exhibitors at TCAF!
Every year, TCAF hosts over 400 artists and publishers from all over the world to share and celebrate the wide world of comics. It’s the first time in Toronto for most of these people, and it’s important to us that they feel welcomed in a new city! Also, international travel right now is stressful enough for people. We want to be able to offer folks some travel support to help going to a new city less overwhelming.
With this in mind, we’re looking to get a team of volunteers who want to be on TCAF’s Welcome Team. Duties would include:
- Picking up Guests from the airport.
- Attending TCAF’s trip to Niagara Falls.
- Assembling welcome bags and packages for Featured Guests.
- Assisting with exhibitor check-in and registration.
- Proactively reaching out to exhibitors who have requested that festival representatives check-in that they made it to Toronto safely.
- Answering incoming exhibitor questions about Toronto and the festival. These will be volunteer shifts in the week leading up to TCAF, at the TCAF office
- Being on-call at the information stations to answer questions, with the TCAF Guidebook downloaded as reference..
- Other activities related to festival hospitality.
So with that being said, we’re looking for people who are:
- Friendly, welcoming, and sociable!
- Available in the week(s) leading up to TCAF for prep work and in-office shifts.
- Comfortable using spreadsheets.
- Good at maintaining multiple schedules, and have an eye for details.
- Familiar with Toronto (amenities and attractions) and TCAF.
- Able to work independently and problem solve away from the team.
- Able to use a smartphone to download the Guidebook App.
- Capable of driving and have a valid driver’s license (this is an asset, not requirement)
- Able to speak one or more languages other than English (this is an asset, not requirement).
- We will be privileging applicants who have worked or volunteered with TCAF previously, or who have strong backgrounds in volunteering.
If you would like more information, or are interested in volunteering with TCAF’s Welcome Team, please contact Dan (our Volunteer Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be taking up to 5 people to be on the Welcome Team. The deadline to apply is March 31th, 2017.
The Toronto Comic Arts Festival is once again offering exhibitors and attendees a more convenient way to engage with North America’s premier comics event: The TCAF Guidebook!
Guidebook is an app that acts as a program guide to your favourite events and programming, as well as a handy reference for all of your favourite artists and exhibitors.
It helps your craft a personalized schedule so that you don’t miss a panel, a presentation, a workshop, a screening, or gallery show. It also lets you create things like To Do lists, so you won’t forget to check out your favourite artists’ tables.
In the coming weeks we’ll be adding things like off-site events, venue maps, programming, as well as up-to-date listings for Exhibitors and Featured Guests!
Oh, and we should mention: IT’S TOTALLY FREE!!!
Download the app today and search for TCAF!
Our thanks to the Seneca Faculty of Communication, Art and Design for sponsoring the Guidebook, and for helping to make TCAF great!