We are looking for a ~30 hour/week Retail Assistant to engage customers with strong recommendations, beautify our amazing displays, and fulfill other duties at our comic book / apparel / gift store, Page & Panel: The TCAF Shop, located at 789 Yonge Street!
Candidates should have a strong understanding of the comics medium and industry: everything from micro-press and minicomics, to Koyama and Fantagraphics, Viz and Vertical, Image and Darkhorse. We work with everything under the big tent of comics: manga, bandes dessinées, superheroes, graphic novels, picture books! Special consideration will be given to candidates with a strong understanding of kids comics and kids books. Other retail experience is also highly valued, as Page & Panel carries a wide range of apparel, stationery, gift, and other goods. The ideal candidate has several years’ experience working in book stores and/or comic shops.
Page & Panel: The TCAF Shop exists to further TCAF’s overall mandate:
to promote the breadth and diversity of comics, and what is considered comics, as legitimate medium of literary and artistic worth. We seek to promote the creators of these works in their broad and diverse voices, for the betterment of the medium of comics and to reach as wide an audience as possible for them
Responsibilities would include:
- Delighting customers and building repeat business
- Merchandising planned and ad-hoc displays for multiple product lines
- Using our inventory management system and Point of Sales system
- Executing and overseeing in-store promotions and events
- Working with the TCAF Managing staff ensure Page & Panel meets fiscal and other goals
- Proven experience
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Must be able to work most weekends and evenings
- Knowledge of comics/book industry
- Flair for creative and responsive merchandising
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to speak/read/write/understand French, and/or Japanese, and/or other languages
- Drivers license
- Experience working with non-profit and/or arts organizations
- Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator
Hourly wage is 14/hour. This position would require you to work between 25 and 35 hours per week.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter on or before November 23rd, 2018.