Exhibitor Applications are now open for the 2019 Toronto Comic Arts Festival (TCAF). TCAF 2019 will feature a day of Professional Development Programming on Friday May 10th, with the main exhibition on Saturday May 11th and Sunday May 12th, 2019, at Toronto Reference Library in beautiful Toronto, Canada.
**Please read all of the following carefully.**
If you’re interested in exhibiting at TCAF 2019, please register online using the application form linked below. This goes for are all creators, collectives, and self-publishers. Applications for TCAF 2019 are due on Friday, October 12th, 2018. Please note that filling out this form does not guarantee table space at TCAF 2019.
If you are a full-line publisher (more than ~10 releases per year) or will require multiple table-spaces, please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and instructions.
Because of the high volume of submissions we have historically received, preference for exhibition space will be given to:
- Comics creators (versus illustrators/animators/fine artists/other creative persons),
- Creators with new major works debuting at or around TCAF 2019,
- Those creators who did not exhibit in 2018.
TCAF exhibitors will be chosen by the TCAF Director and Staff based on a number of criteria, so please be thorough in filling out the form below. We’ll be contacting everyone on or by December 14th to let them know if their registration and table space requests have been accepted. If you have not heard from us by then, please be in touch.
NOTE: We ask that all applicants read our Conduct & Harassment Policy before submitting. If your application is accepted, it is expected that you will abide by this policy.
In an effort to better manage the over 900 applications we get every year, we are requiring people to apply through a Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account, please consider creating one for this application, or borrow a friend’s. It is only required for the application, not for regular correspondence with the festival.
Is there a fee to apply?
- No. Applying to TCAF is a free process. You will only have to pay for your table if you are a successful applicant.
How much are tables?
Table pricing at TCAF is tiered as follows:
- 1st floor: CDN $450 + HST (CDN$508.50) for a full table, CDN $225 + HST (CDN$254.25) for a half table
- 2nd floor: CDN $350 + HST (CDN$395.50) for a full table, $175 + HST (CDN$197.75) for a half table
- 3rd floor: CDN $200 + HST (CDN$226.00) for a full table, $100 + HST (CDN$113.00) for a half table
How big are the tables?
- TCAF generally uses standard banquet tables, which are 6 feet wide and 30 inches deep. Full tables are 6-feet wide, and half tables are 3-feet wide.
How do I register if I’m sharing a table with my friends?
- If you are a member of a collective or group of creators (2+) all planning on exhibiting/tabling together, please register each member individually. Have only one member of your group select the table size you would like and have the rest of your members select “No table, I will be sitting with my publisher/group” when asked, and then include the name of your group in the space provided.
I exhibited last year, should I still apply?
- We ask creators to exhibit every other year. If you exhibited in 2018 it is highly unlikely that you will be given a space for 2019, without extenuating circumstances (i.e., a major new print release, a gallery show, etc.). Most publishers are exempt from this rule.
Oh no! I just saw the deadline is October 12th and I missed it! Should I still try to apply?
- Given that applications are open for 2.5 months, we have to respect the effort of the people who got theirs in on time. We do not accept late applications.
Do I need to have a table to participate in programming?
- Nope! All comics creators are eligible to participate in programming. If you do not want to table but just want to let us know you’re around for panels or workshops as a speaker, please let us know in January when we open our Call for Programming.
Does TCAF have Professional Registration for industry people?
- We do! Professional Registration will open in 2019.
Are you doing Word Balloon Academy again? Or Librarian & Educator Day? Or Zineland Terrace?
- That’s the plan! Info about all of those programs will be available in 2019.
Do I need a Gmail account to apply?
- Yes! With over 900 applications, organizing, sorting, and sizing images can take a long time. In an effort to stay more organized and streamlined, we’re requiring everyone to upload images to a Google Drive folder. If you do not have a Gmail account, please consider setting one up for this application or borrowing your friend’s logins. You only need it to upload the images, not for regular correspondence. We should note that this is standard practice at large-scale book shows around the world.
I have a lot of merch. Should I still apply?
- The priority for TCAF is that people have printed comics on their tables. Preference will be given to applicants with a significant amount of printed comics to sell (either self-published, or through a publisher).
If you’d like to stay up-to-date with all things TCAF, you can:
- Sign up for our Newsletter: Click Here
- Follow us on Twitter: @TorontoComics
- Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/TorontoComics
- Follow us on Instagram: @TorontoComics
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.