Accepting Applications – TCAF Welcome Crew
The Toronto Comic Arts Festival is looking for a team of volunteers who would like to help welcome and orient cartoonists who are guests and exhibitors at TCAF!
Every year, TCAF hosts over 400 artists and publishers from all over the world to share and celebrate the wide world of comics. It’s the first time in Toronto for most of these people, and it’s important to us that they feel welcomed in a new city! Also, international travel right now is stressful enough for people. We want to be able to offer folks some travel support to help going to a new city less overwhelming.
With this in mind, we’re looking to get a team of volunteers who want to be on TCAF’s Welcome Team. Duties would include:
- Picking up Guests from the airport.
- Attending TCAF’s trip to Niagara Falls.
- Assembling welcome bags and packages for Featured Guests.
- Assisting with exhibitor check-in and registration.
- Proactively reaching out to exhibitors who have requested that festival representatives check-in that they made it to Toronto safely.
- Answering incoming exhibitor questions about Toronto and the festival. These will be volunteer shifts in the week leading up to TCAF, at the TCAF office
- Being on-call at the information stations to answer questions, with the TCAF Guidebook downloaded as reference..
- Other activities related to festival hospitality.
So with that being said, we’re looking for people who are:
- Friendly, welcoming, and sociable!
- Available in the week(s) leading up to TCAF for prep work and in-office shifts.
- Comfortable using spreadsheets.
- Good at maintaining multiple schedules, and have an eye for details.
- Familiar with Toronto (amenities and attractions) and TCAF.
- Able to work independently and problem solve away from the team.
- Able to use a smartphone to download the Guidebook App.
- Capable of driving and have a valid driver’s license (this is an asset, not requirement)
- Able to speak one or more languages other than English (this is an asset, not requirement).
- We will be privileging applicants who have worked or volunteered with TCAF previously, or who have strong backgrounds in volunteering.
If you would like more information, or are interested in volunteering with TCAF’s Welcome Team, please contact Dan (our Volunteer Coordinator) at email@example.com. We will be taking up to 5 people to be on the Welcome Team. The deadline to apply is March 31th, 2017.